We’ve previously boasted the immense nutrition benefits of salmon, so it doesn’t need any repeating. Salmon is a nutrition powerhouse and needs to be a staple in any diet. Topped with this mango chutney and you have a delicious and tasty summer feast!
- 2 mangos
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cup diced avocado (1 medium avocado)
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- big pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice from 1 lime
- Handful of chopped grape tomatoes
- 4 large salmon pieces
- Lime Juice
1) Chop mangos, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro, and red onion. Combine together in small bowl. Add in seasonings and olive oil. Mix together evenly. Set aside
2) Now for the salmon. Marinate the salmon for as long as possible with some dill seasoning and citrus, which can be lime juice, orange juice, or lemons. Basically anything with a strong citrus flavor will work well here. Also, preheat your oven to 375
3) Next, Turn your skillet on medium heat and coat with olive oil spray. When pan is hot sear salmon for about 3 minutes on each side.
4) Once the skin of the salmon has started to crisp, transfer the salmon to the oven to finish cooking. Allow fish to bake for another 10-12 minutes. 2 minutes before you take the salmon out of the over, coat the top of the fish with a dollop of butter or margarine. Allow butter/margarine to melt for a few minutes.
5) Remove salmon from oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before cutting.