The Doctor’s Orders has returned with another amazing healthy eats recipe! Bison meat is a great substitution for ground beef or turkey. It has much less total fat than ground beef and of this fat there are no trans fats. On top of that, ground bison is a great source of protein with one serving averaging 20 g of protein. These nutritional facts make ground bison a nutritional stud when trying to eat right!
This recipe boasts a complete nutritional balance and is super affordable. Take a crack at it yourself and tweet us with pictures or tag us in your Instagram post with the hashtag #DoctorsOrders!
Crushed Red pepper flakes
Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
1. Scoop out contents of peppers so that you have enough room to add the filling.
2. In a separate pot, boil brown rice until tender
3. Begin to brown the ground bison meat. Add worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes to flavor.
4. Add rice, chopped green pepper, and diced tomatoes to browned and seasoned bison meat.
5. In a separate pot, boil cleaned out peppers until they are soft and tender.
6. Add rice/bison mixture to peppers, top with mozzarella cheese, then bake in oven at 375 for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!